Problems with my period

Posted , 5 users are following.

First I just want to say that I'm not going through menopause since I'm only 18, I just wasn't sure where else to ask this question. I'm not sexually active at all. Never have been. Anyway, Last month before my period, my breasts were sore, like they always usually get before my period and then when my period started, it wasn't really heavy. It was light and only lasted 3 days. THough I did have my usual cramps. Now it's a new month and my period is supposed to start in 5 days (I don't know how accurate that is because I use a period tracker app) and I haven't felt the breast soreness/tenderness that I usually get a week before my period starts. Does this mean that I won't get my period this month AT ALL? Or could it be that my cycle is deciding to change and my period will come on later on in the month? Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Periods are not always on time hun anything can effect the regularity as long as you haven't been sexually active I wouldn't worry hun it will arrive when it's ready smile
  • Posted

I would not worry either if you are not sexually active. Stress can cause the cycle to change so do not worry 
    • Posted

Right. I have had bad anxiety for the past 2 months so maybe that could be what's causing this...
  • Posted

Like the others have said, I wouldn't worry about it. Since you are still so young, your hormones are still sorting themselves out. I remember when I first started seeing my period at age 12. I saw it for the first time that October and then I skipped a period that November and had them consitently every month until the following March when I skipped again. It never skipped like that again after that. I don't know how old you were when you first started your periods but your body could just be changing as ours sometimes does. I've heard it said that a woman's body goes through changes every seven years. So let's say you started your period at age 11 then this is just a change in development for you. If you go to the doctor they will probably say that this is typical at your age for your cycle to change around. Don't worry, dear. I'm sure everything is fine.

• Posted

Like everyone says, not to worry, personally I was never regular though some women are, however, at your tender age it is normal to be unpredictable, and 18 year olds have so much to contend with what exams and college and uni etc. I imagine you are under a bit of stress ATM which won't be helping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.