Problems with periods after coming off cerazette/cerelle

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help:

I came off Cerelle beginning of July after having being on it for 3 weeks, I was told by my GP to stay off contraception due to sufferining from migraines. I was told my period would come back quite quickly as I had only been on it for 3 weeks. My period finally came back Sunday the 14th Sept, I came off on Wednesday the 17th Sept. Since then I have suffered with nausea, tiredness and headaches and then this morning I have found that I have come on again, it seems light but I'm pretty sure it is another period and not spotting. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Should I go to my gp?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I havent had my period for 6 months..

I started my period when I was 12, in the beginning my period was on time for a year or two. Then till now i have my period every  6-8 months. And i am 17 years old. HELP

• Posted

You need to visit the GP if there isn't a reason behind it, hopefully they can work it out!
  • Posted

I took Cerelle for 3 months and stopped at the end of July. Had a period 5 weeks later that lasted around 10 days. 3 weeks later I started spotting and have been ever since! It's been non stop spotting for 4 weeks now - I know I should go to my GP but I know they will just palm me off rolleyes 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.