problems with sedation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Two years ago I had conscious sedation that left me with memory problems and nightmares. I will have to have an endoscope exam and will ask for an unsedated procedure. I would like to know what other people experience when unsedated for this procedure.

Thank you

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had an unsedated endoscopy and it was fine. Staff were very encouraging. Throat spray, which they said was the worst bit, tasted like advocaat to me( not a favourite drink but nothing to worry about ). Swallowing camera was like gulping down a piece of dry bread. Completely painless throughout and I got to have an inside view. Goodluck.
    • Posted

Thank you for your encouragement. I know what it is like swallowing a piece of dry bread so I will try it without sedation. Regards.
    • Posted

Hello Betty

I would love to be able to come out next week saying the same as you, but I'm terrible even with a pen in my mouth, gagging!

I'm undecided at the moment which way to go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.