Procedure

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a flexible sigmoidoscopy today, Christ it was the most excruciating experience ever. I have a high pain threshold and just went for gas and air! It was worse than giving birth. Never again, they couldn’t get far enough so now I need sedation. Why is it so painful when I was told most people find it ok? I thought it would be fine. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had a sigmoidoscopy last Friday and opted for sedation...never felt a thing! Even tho doc said it would only take 15/20mins for it to be done she was absolutely fine when I asked for sedation..didn't feel out of it at all..had it done at 10.15am was done by 10.30.was in recovery for half hour and they checked my blood pressure 3times to make sure it was stable.

Partner picked me up 11am and I felt totally fine..we actually went out for lunch at 12, rest of the day I felt completely normal.I would always opt for sedation it relieves the worry and stress of the procedure. So sorry to hear you had such an awful time.😕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.