Procedure caused more problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my two treatments last summer with no problems. Had third treatment in September and 4 days later ended up in emergency room with unimaginable abdominal pain! No one seemed to have a clue as to what was wrong.  After an abdominal

Cat scan I was told I probably had a UTI, however subsequent tests never proved that.  I’ve had chronic pelvic pain ever since but my obgyn says everything looks fine. Good to know but am taking pain medication daily. I am pursuing pelvic floor therapy in hopes I can get some relief. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like what happened to me after a pap in 2012. The obgyn did a cervical scraping because I had a cervical polyp. That evening I had to go to ER for abdominal pain. They misdiagnosed my problem and called it diverticulitis, which seems to be the catch phrase for any abdominal pain if they don't know what it is. I was hospitalized for 2 days with heavy antibiotics. All summer I had pain though which was then exacerbated when I had the polyp removed later in the summer. Once again, severe abdominal pain. I was hospitalized for a week and had numerous, cat scans, MRIs and xrays. Finally my new doctor found it was a pelvic abscess which was caused by the cervical scraping. So, if you are having continued pain, perhaps your doctor could do x-rays and check for that. My abscess had grown so large that I could not urinate. It took weeks to drain. Good luck and I hope you do not have that. It is very rare I guess and that is why they did not find it right away. I did not have any problems thankfully when I had the Mona Lisa.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.