Process of anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have suffered with mini panic attacks for eyes every now and then. But since having kids 2 and a half years ago it seems my anxiety has got worse. I kinda diagnosed myself I know I should see my doctor but just want your opinions. When I used to go in the car (as a passinger) if we were going somewhere quite far I used to get really anxious. Think I couldn't breathe and panic. Would keep thinking where's my nearest hospital if anything happens or will an ambalance be able to reach me here on the motorway quick enough. All thoughts like that would run through my head, but once I arrived at my destination I was fine. Going on the tube would also cause these kind of thoughts and feelings. I would have the odd panic attack at home and get over it. Then about a month ago I had a massive panic attack the worst I've had so far in a restaurant. It soon passed when I arrived home. But since then I haven't been the same, I started suffering the physical symptoms of anxiety all the time. The breathlessness, aches and pains, fatigue and cloudy head. I went through a phase of the depersonalisation. It was horrible! I then started taking Kalms tablets (herbal) and I started feeling better and the symptoms have subsided more. I still get worrying thoughts throughout the day (like if I go in a lift I worry it will break down and the alarm with not work and I will be stuck.)and feel tired sometimes and get the odd symptoms. The days differ. But would you think this is indeed anxiety? As i haven't been professionally diagnosed. Sorry for such a long post!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yea it sounds like anxiety, the fact you feel like this as a passenger suggests you worry about not having control. Has anything ever happened whilst travelling that has made you feel uneasy?  x 
    • Posted

No I don't think anything has happened while driving. I just don't know what it is. 
    • Posted

It is probably you feeling that you do not have control and feel vulnerable it happens to me all the time
  • Posted

Yes it sounds exactly like anxiety. It is hard to believe because like you said each day we deal with a different symptom 
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, its like you were writing about me.  I have been exactly the same and was very very bad at one point, had to stop every night driving home from work and have a panic attack then carry on.  I was exhausted.  I;m not that bad now but very anxious and have all those thoughts that you have.  Its usually about feeling 'safe'.  I have read about how these are just feelings and can't harm us and neither can a particular place be 'safer' than another, its all down to our perception of the place.  I'm trying my hardest to change how i think, good days and bad days, and without medication.  Unfortunately its almost as if you have to go through these bad things to prove that you will be ok and get through to build up evidence to help in the future.  Good luck, take care. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.