Proctalgia Fugax - A cure that works for me.

Posted , 2 users are following.

For 20 years, I've had random episodes of Proctalgia Fugax where I am woken up in the middle of the night with the pain and cannot go back to sleep. These episodes usually last 20 minutes if I'm lucky, but sometimes as long as 40 minutes. 

I've found something that takes the pain away in less than 5 minutes: 

I will try to explain this the best I can: What I do is tighten my buttocks and buns together and suck in my bladder. (Kind of like you are trying to stop the flow while urinating. There are bladder control exercises called Kegel that you can read about that explain this more fully, but essentially you need to tighten your rectum and squeeze-in, and tighten a little more each time.) The difference with my method concerning Proctalgia is that I squeeze the buttocks and buns tightly together while doing the bladder strengthening exercise. this. When I release the pressure of the tightening I can feel immediate relief from the anal pain. It's like a reflex reaction. After a few repetitions of this, it goes away and I am able to go back to sleep. 

By doing this, I have shortened the direction of my episodes from 20-40 minutes to under 5. Of course, we are all different, so I can't promise this will work for everybody, but it is certainly worth a try. Best of luck.

God bless,

Rob

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.