Proctitis flare, canasa

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,

after years of annoying issues and then continuous blood in the toilet, a colonoscopy almost 2 years ago showed i had proctitis. i was prescribed canasa and have probably had to use it 3 times a year since.

since march i have been almost symptom free. i would have mucus every so often but was very regular and no blood. suddenly about 2 weeks ago i had one instance of urgency and cramps and that was the start of a new flare. since then lots of blood each time i go but no other issue other than feeling like my stomach felt "raw" ( thats how it always feels to me during flares). i started canasa last friday 11/6. a few days in the blood stopped, but today it is back. in the past the bleeding stopped after a few days and didnt return until the next flare. i have one week left of suppositories and one more 14 day prescription.

have you had it take longer than 2 weeks to get under control? i feel fine and never had any more urgency trips or cramps. i was anemic when i was first diagnosed and dont want to go through that again so that is my only concern.

any help is appreciated!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

2 weeks is not a long time to take medication, even if you took the medication every day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.