proctitis only found on colonoscopy but still sick

Posted , 2 users are following.

They only found proctitis on my exam and the biopsy came back clear. I have been sick for almost 2 years with sever mucas in stool, blood in stool not a lot though, nauseous every day and sever constipation if not diherrea. I have sharp pains on left side and right side under ribs and vice my belly button.

I go through cycles of feeling sick for a week or two too feeling great the next week or so.

Doctor said on my follow up appointment there is nothing left to do and can not help me. The best thing to do is eat right and exercise. Yea like I really feel up too exercising when I'm sick most of the time. I didn't even get a stool sample or any other testing.

What do I do now? Should I just leave it alone and live this out or see someone else. Can a colonoscopy come back normal but still have IBD just because there was no flare up at the time?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh and I forgot I got an endoscopy and found a benign stomach tumor and was diagnosed with GERD and antral gastritis but never got treated for any of it.
  • Posted

Proctitis is IBD of the rectum. They should be able to give you a steroid medication in the form of an Enema or foam for it. Seek a different doctor. The answer to can you have IBD with no evidence from colonoscopy is yes. It can go into remission at times, but you do have IBD if you were found to have Proctitis. Not sure why the doctor isn't doing anything about it.

• Posted

Thanks and I thought I was crazy, when I looked proctitis up and what caused it there were some crazy nasty stuff on there that didn't apply to me but the one that was a possibility was IBD. But at the same time they did a biopsy of the proctitis and it came back negative for any cause so it was marked down as unknown proctitis. I think my husband drilled it into there heads that I had so many bowel movements before the colonoscopy who wouldn't have an inflamed rectum after that. They took a blood test and the blood test were normal and showed no signs of IBD or anything else. Yet I'm still sick and in pain with no answers 🙇🏻???🤷🏻???🙍🏻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.