Progesterone cream

Posted , 12 users are following.

Just started using progesterone cream...anyone else tried it? What do you think? X

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I have used progesterone cream for many years and have found it a life saver.  Obviously we are all different and have different needs when it comes to hormones but after reading the book 'Stay Yound & Sexy' by Jonathan V Wright and Lane Lenard, I realized that the best way to apply these hormones is via the vagina (epithelial tissue) for this wlll prevent any build up in the system as it's the most direct route into the body.  I use a good quality organic cream for this reason.

• Posted

Will have to try applying it there

thx Sue 

• Posted

I use progesterone cream, prescribed and compounded based on my blood readings (10% Progesterone Cream (but used as much as 20% (just doubled the dose)). I had a few months back only  1 nmol/ l progesterone but heaps of oestradiol. I've been bloated and had heaps of water retention, irregular bleedings etc.and lots of anxiety. It gave me back regular bleedings like in a normal cycle and no water retention etc. It has even improved my anxiety by the 3rd month of quite high strenght use. Now by month 5/ 6 my oestradiol has dropped (latest bloodtest) signicifally, but the progsterone level defs is higher now than before. So I still going to keep the progesterone cream up, just lesser as before to keep the ratio approx right. I think best is just to try it, and see if it helps you and then go from there smile Sometime you will need to adjust a little depending on your symptoms, less or more. It really is a "listen to your hormones" in the peri I find

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.