Progesterone cream for enlarged prostate - yes or no?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've done some research on the use of topical progesterone cream to combat testosterone conversion to DHT and rising estradiol levels. Admittedly, while there is some anectodal evidence out there, not much in the way of actual double blind studies can be found. Dr. John Lee of Harvard reportedly did research into progesterone cream for men some years back.

Has anyone here used topical progesterone to normalize hormone levels, reverse the effects of DHT and shrink the size of the prostate - with resulting improvement in LUTS from the latter?

Any personal testimony or information on how to research this further would be gold to me.  Thank you.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

SARM stands for Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator. There are numerous drugs that fall in this category and RAD 140 is just one of them. It just happens to be the one that seems to have the prostate benefiting properties.

RAD 140 at this point is considered a research chemical. It is between over OTC and Rx. It is in research trials but not yet FDA approved so its not regulated yet. Its being heavily used by the bodybuilding community currently so it's pretty readily available online. Where I am getting mine it's $85 for a bottle of 90. I only take 1 capsule per day so a 3 month supply.

You can find a lot online about it. Like with everything you can find good and bad. For me it's been a huge benefit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.