Progesterone Cream (Progesterkey)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, there been looking around internet.  Can anyone tell me about the nautral progesterone cream, you can apparently buy on the internet, Does this work? have read some good reviews etc and aleiviating symptoms. etc.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Nikiola. Progesterone creams (i don't know that one) work very well if they're made from micronized progesterone (otherwise the body doesn't absorbe it). If you need progesterone to sleep or anxiety then the oral form of it would be better. But the creams are very good. T.
  • Posted

Hi Nikiola

I use  progesterone cream that I get on the Web and it helps me a lot. 

There are some controversies about progesterone cream treatment. In a study in California it indicates that it leads to increased risk of cancer (like any hrt, hormone replacement therapy). I buy mine from the States, and the box it comes in expressly says it can cause cancer. However, the evidence is not strong. A study in Denmark indicated the reverse, and a study in B.C. Canada indicated that the progesterone only supplementation did not lead to cancer. 

The risk is worth it for me. It really helps my mood, noticeably and right away.

I do have strong estrogen dominance, however. My periods are very heavy, come very often (every three weeks) and I have trace veins in my legs (which are all signs of estrogen dominance). So probably it is preventing cancer in me rather than the reverse!

A lot of people use it and a lot of people use hrt, despite the slightly increased risk of cancer. You have to weigh the pros and cons.

Best of luck with your decision.

• Posted

It really depends on if you really need it whether it works or not. I've used it in the past and it did help alleviate some issues very nicely. I did have test to confirm the need for it prior as I am not crazy about using things like this without a legitimate need.

You can buy it on the internet or through compounding pharmacy. My doctor had it done for me. I have friends that have used/using it and seems to work for them as well.

One thing I was told to watch if you are trying to offset unopposed estrogen is to not purchase the cream made with soy. That makes sense. There are quite a few really good brands to look at depending on where you live. There's Kokoro, Emerita, Progestorelle to name a few.

Good luck!

• Posted

Oops, yesterday people were posting brand names and the post went through. Today no.

Yes, the creams do work if you need them. I have used them in the past, mine was to help against unopposed estrogen which my doctor determined.   There are quite a few brands out there, search them. My doctor had mine compounded, but you can find great creams on the internet. In my case I was to stay away from the soy base creme (makes sense) and I have had several friends it works very well for. 

Just google them as my other comment is sitting in mod. lol!

I am now on the pill form of what Theresa mentioned is, micornized progesterone, some docs refer to this as bioidentical. I don't know what that means, but ok. It's supposed to be easier on the body then other forms of progesterone. This one is by prescription and my insurance pays for it and it is doing the trick better. The plan is not to stay on too long, so we'll see how this goes.

Good Luck!

• Posted

Bioidentical is the same as molecularly identical. It means that the produt has the same molecule as your body produces. So molecularly identical, or bioidentical progesterone is exactly the same as the one your ovaries produce. It's non patentable molecule (because it exists in nature). It's action is very different from artificial progestogen like proveras, etc. and it's considered anti-proliferative, ie anti-cancer. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.