Progesterone intolerance. Prescribed Duavive but my mood plummeted after 2 weeks.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Ladies, has anyone tried Duavive? There seems to be little info on personal experiences with this Hrt. This is my last chance Hrt so some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan,

Have you tried bio identical hormone replacement? I think Duavive is a synthetic estrogen and that might be your problem more than the progesterone. Some women can't tolerate high doses of progesterone either. What kind were you using on the progesterone? Creams or pills? I do OTC natural progesterone cream and do very well on it. If you have been prescribed a synthetic progesterone that could be the problem too. I do not know why doctors prescribe synthetic estrogen and progesterone when their is natural hormones they could prescribe that our bodies know what to do with and recognize. A good doctor that runs lab work regularly and knows what their doing is very important. Could mean the difference between success or failure for you. I have been on bio identical creams and have had no problem with them. Recently had pellets implanted and feel good with them too. Good luck

• Posted

same fir me.. bio identical all the way!!! i too have the pellet... amazing difference...

i was on Duavive and its prob the best for synthetic but once i discovered the bio theres no turning back... whatsoever...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.