Progesterone pill

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, my daughter has been prescribed a progesterone only pill for probable endometriosis. Has anyone else had this and was it successful in stopping the pain?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello,

I have been taking a progesterone pill (Norethisterone) since the beginning of September. This was due to extremely heavy bleeding which I ended up in hospital for. The pain was horrendous. I'm still waiting for an appointment for Gyni to come through so they can figure out why the sudden Menorrhagia and to confirm suspected Endometriosis, but cannot come off the tablets in the meantime.

I have found that the tablets help, but I do still bleed occasionally, just not as bad. I also suffer with the pain at these times, again not as bad.

Hopefully, your daughter will notice a difference in the pain but I definitely recommend ibuprofen, or if the doctors will prescribe it, Mefanamic Acid which is also an NSAID.

Did the doctor warn your daughter that she will most likely bleed for a couple of days once the course of tablets is done?

I hope this helps!

-Jayne x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.