Program help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Alright guys I’m finishing up with fierce 5 novice as I’m stalling out. I was able to get a lot of major lifts into the 200s and I weigh currently 145 pounds. I’m needing to know what’s next after strength training.

For my first year I did Vikings bare bones and I could never get past 135 pounds on my back squat. Then I switched and did fierce 5 for 5 months and can now do 215 pounds on my back squat so I learned strength training comes first before bodybuilding.

With that being said on the major lifts in fierce 5 it’s 3x5 and since I pushed to where I couldn’t increase my numbers anymore do I bring the same numbers I finished on to a new program? For example if I bring 215 pounds of my back squat to Vikings bare bones where his program for back squat is 4x8. So I would have to move the weight 32 times at 215 pounds when in fierce 5 I was only doing it 15 times at that weight.

If not do I lower the weight when I switch to a program that isn’t strength training because of the added reps? Also is it now time to revisit Vikings now that I’ve got the strength or is there a plan you guys can recommend me that’s next? Preferably fully body as I love doing 3 days a week. Thank you guys

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.