Progressing Nearsightedness and Floater

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I have recently noticed about a month ago that when I close my right eye I my vision become blurry the farther a way I look. It felt irritated and a little dry but looked fine in the mirror, not red at all. And since then it is only getting worse. It seems my vision is becoming increasingly near sighted. I went to an eye doctor and they ran a small battery of tests and told me my left eye looked perfect, but were surprised when I mentioned it was bothering me. Since then I went to a hospital and they again did not find anything. This week I noticed a decent size floater in the center of my vision that is big enough to distort my vision. Also by the end of the day everyday my eye feels tired and uncomfortable. Any ideas?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

very scary! i am sorry I have not words of wisdom, i am just concerned for you. 💙

• Posted

Your age, associated diseases and medication are important.
    • Posted

I'm 34, have had some autoimmune issues over the last 3 years and have been on several medicines treating the disease or side effects from the medicine. Unfortunately I don't know what to think.

• Posted

This could be side effects of autoimmune medicine. Do OCT macula
    • Posted

I have OCT scheduled for Friday. However I have noticed a big increase in floaters. I am becoming a bit more worried

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.