Progressive bone disease diagnosed and scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

My Primary care physician discussed my x-ray results with me today. He immediately scheduled a appointment with a orthopedic doctor. I was told my hip has progressive bone disease.

I am so scared . Any input on this would be helpful. Thank you

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jan/26/royal-college-surgeons-slam-plans-hip-knee-replacements-ccgs this is why your not being offered the op straight away I think.

• Posted

What a terrible way to spend our resources.  Money to spend on old people's homes in China, and yet not on relieving suffering in those affected by hip and knee problems.  Of course, most of the politicians have private insurance, and will sail into the operating theatre on the day they want it done.  I am so glad I took out private medical insurance twenty years ago . . even though it now costs a fortune to keep it going!

• Posted

I agree, I do see some point in being more circumspect over ops, is there are some out there who think that if there not under the surgeons knife for an illness then there not getting the care they deserve, and cutting back on unnescassary ones should in theory give those that need it the chance to have a better quality of life.

But we always seem to be able as you say to support other countries, look after this country first and if there's anything in the pot then so be it.

I also think that maybe we as a nation should get to decide where the money we pay in goes to, me personally think there's plenty of areas in our own country that need it more.

• Posted

Interestingly enough when the private orthopaedic surgeon said I needed a hip replacement last May, my GP said I could go privately and seemed quite keen on the idea. Using the NHS I had to see a rheumatologist first. I have been refused a steroid injection recently as it will have to be done in a hospital also several people have said they have been refused NHS xrays, although going privately is fine. No NHS physio nowadays. It does seem that they are petrified of spending money outside the surgery. 
    • Posted

I agree with aid where it is really needed. china can send satellites into orbit, so it should be able to care for its own old people.  Haiti, for instance, is a different matter.  

• Posted

That's how I think, countries that can do unnescassary acts can look after there own, glad you got your op sorted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.