Progressive symptoms for 8 months.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Male, 21, UK

Around April of 2017, I decided to start living a little healthier. I'd go on 40 KM walks, changed my diet and over-all tried to improve my well being, around this time I started feeling a little "off". It first started with brain-fog after waking one morning, almost as if I wasn't myself and feeling disconnected, a few weeks later it progressed to twitching, later fatigue / dizziness (which caused me to stop exercising as much, as I thought over-exhaustion could be a cause). And more recently tension headaches that can differ from dull and annoying to sharp and direct. Along with these, I also developed a weird blurriness to my vision that's hard to pin-point (closer to double vision), cognitive / thinking issues and noticeable weakness in my right shoulder - arm (burning), with (painless) hand cramps.   

Due to the duration of time in that's passed, I've lost the exact track of when my symptoms occurred, so my apologies for that.

After spending come time doing research and weighing the pros and cons I've come to a few conclusions: 

Spinal issues (C region) - Before becoming active again and being up-right, I had fairly bad posture from computer use & general slouching

lymes disease - When I started going to long walks, I'd often go through woodland and the country side, which often contained cattle, sheep and sometimes deer.

Aftermath of Vit-D / Folic Deficiency - After Mentioning fatigue to my GP, they took some blood-work and found I was low on  Vit-D / Folic acid. 

MS 

Cancer 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been feeling unwell. Hope you feel well soon.

Did you correct your vitamin D deficiency yet? If not, then aim for therapeutic blood levels 70-100 ng/mL. Also it’s possible that you could be anemic due to B12 and folate deficiency. Some people have a genetic mutation that prohibits them from converting folic acid to folate in the body and need to supplement with methylfolate instead and methylcobalamin, have you tried that yet? 

• Posted

Hi, thanks for the response, it's appreciated. 

I've been cleared of vitamin D /B12 deficiency by my GP, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're still low.

I haven't yet asked for the specifics regarding my levels, so I'll make sure to do that on my next visit.

Yesterday I went for a brain CT scan to check for any issues and I should have results within the week. At this point, the headaches are one of my main concerns as they're often accompanied by huge bouts of brain fog / fatigue.  

Also, regarding methylfolate and methylcobalamin, is it a supplement that's used specifically with folic acid, or does it also help with diet too? I did a hand-ful of research regarding folic acid and made sure to boost my levels via diet, rather than relying directly on the supplement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.