Prolactin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Thank you very much for last time's help.

I met the doctor for my pituary microadenoama.she gave me medication called Bromocriptine .I have been taking medication since last thursday but now my back hurts so bad and my foot is swallon .please what shoul I do?

THANK YOU

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You really need to ask the endocrinologist. If that is not practical in the next 24-48 hours (!), next best is your pharmacologist who has a lot more info than in the leaflet. They may be able to get you a priority GP appointment if needed.

• Posted

Hi, oh no sorry to hear that, are they side effects from the medication or something else? The medications I have been on are cabergoline, brand name dostinex and am currently on quinagolide. I mainly experienced nausea and fatigue but it wears off after a while. You should definitely go back to the Dr's when you can. Best wishes x

• Posted

I just checked the side effects and it does list what you're experiencing as serious ones so you should see the Dr ASAP or as the other person said, the pharmacist and they can advise you. I didn't think they gave bromocriptine as much any more as it seems to be less well tolerated by people than the other drugs, but maybe they offer that first as it's the cheaper option? Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.