prolactin, estrogen, and gynecomastia

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a 38 yr old male. About six months ago I got puffy nipples with a little soreness. It seems to be very mild gynecomastia. I have had for hormonal blood panels done and a scrotal ultrasound. The ultrasound only showed a possible complex cyst in the epididymus. However, the blood work showed slightly raised prolactin and estradiol at the top end of the range. The next test showed normal prolactin. The third test showed slightly raised prolactin again with estradiol at the upper end of the range. At that point an mri was going to be done but one last lab was done at the endo and testosterone was 546, estradiol was 14 , and prolactin was normal again. So now the doctors don't want to look any further, but I still have the puffy nipples. All other hormone levels were in range every test. Any ideas?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.