Prolactin normal levels

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been doing some research and I can't find a definite answer to what is the normal range for prolactin levels. When first tested I was at 141.9 then was taken off of risperidone and it's dropped to 43. My doctor said it's still elevated so ordered an MRI. Just would like to know how elevated that is. Thanks for any help and advice.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

My doctor has always said below 25 is normal. 
  • Posted

My endocrinologist says he Dosnt treat until a level of 2000 is reached, mine stands at 800 at present, I have been off meds for four years now. My own Gp googled it and he said normal is 500 or below. It confuses me as to what the real correct level is. It would appear on the basis of this they don't know. Could I ask, are you in the UK as I am ???

• Posted

No I am in the United States. And I just saw what the normal range is from the lab that sent me the results. They are saying 4.8-23.3 ng is normal. So I guess I got my answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.