Prolaps

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been having servere pressure in the vagina area for 10 weeks seen 4 gyno had every scan x-ray done and a colonscopy and still nothing I took pictures and they refuse to look someone please help it's ruining my life x

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucy I understand your frustration I had the same gyni sent me to colorectal, colorectal back to gyni then to physio they wouldn’t feel what I felt when standing or sitting I finally researched and found a great gyni who sent me for a standing mri that did show exactly what I was experiencing my uterus pushing down on cervix pressing itinto rectum and back wall of vagina 
    • Posted

Goodness that’s sounds similar to what’s happening with me except I don’t have a uterus.  I have grade 2 cystecele and rectocele and the pressure on my rectum has been dreadful for six months. Having a pessary hasn’t helped at all so just had it taken out.

Do you hurt when sitting?

• Posted

I’ve just had all mine taken out just over a week ago so am keeping fingers crossed..yes I did have pain when sitting also 
    • Posted

Was the sitting discomfort before you had any treatment or afterwards as I haven’t had anything done as yet.
    • Posted

I had a full hysterectomy 10 days ago so early days also has cyst removed from bartholins gland dr also put a couple of stitches to add extra support to my bladder...I struggled to sit and empty bowels before op so I’m hoping once healed all will improve.my dr sent me for a standing mri scan that shown the position of everything my uterus was pushing cervix into rectum. I did have other options besides hysterectomy but chose this as I had a lot of pain from ovaries 
  • Posted

Please see a UROGYNECOLogist. They are the experts in prolapses
  • Posted

I second what Steph has put. Gynae's alone haven't don't the extra 3yrs required to qualify as a  Urogynaecologist. Demand to see one and don't get fobbed off. What is wrong with the medical profession and them understanding AND listening to woman experiencing pelvic floor issues. A standing MRI sounds justified as when you are lying down on back of course everything is nestled back up where it should be. Same applies to diagnosing levels of prolapses. Amuses me that most are graded while woman lying flat on back!! Grrrrrr

• Posted

I know Robyn it is soul destroying when you are being passed around urogynecologists and they all examine you lay flat even when I got my women’s physio to examine me standing and she agreed with me and referred me back to consultant they still wouldn’t examine me standing in the end I paid private to see yet another I was brutally honest on first consultation and said I was sick of being fobbed off he said right the best way to see what’s going on higher up was a standing mri...I am 9 days post op and fingers crossed all will be good 
    • Posted

Wow brilliant. Wonderful to read this. Rest lots, and NO lifting more than a kettle with enough water to make a cuppa. Also don't bend to pick things up off floor. Have you read the South Tees post-op advice on here?

• Posted

Yes I’m being oh so careful this time as this is second op first one 2 years ago repaired bladder and rectocele but it turned out it was uterus and cervix causing problems hence standing scan. I will be doing everything in my power to take care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.