Prolapse

Posted , 5 users are following.

I think I have a prolapse I am going to Dr on thurs for va I am 65 but really worried I can feel something in my vagina I can't see it but I can feel it sort of soft. It's very uncomfortable if I have been on my feet all day . I am getting oestrogen from Dr on thurs will this help

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had the same thing. Mine was a prolapse in the vagina. I had surgery in 2016 Things are better but my Dr used a sling and now there is a lot of controversy lately about the use of mesh which I am pretty sure he used. Check out exactly how your surgeon will do the surgery Ask lots of questions
  • Posted

Is it on front or back wall? Sounds like rectocele (back wall prolapse) or cystocele (front wall) . Or possibly cervical descent if v high up. Lots of info on the APOPS website or join their private facebook group. D books by sherrie palm and muchelle kenway - try Googling them . I'm 57 and my rectocele was soft and sort of spongy and obscuring entrance. Not sure about hormones. I tried pelvic floor exercises for 6 mths and a pessary but neither helped. Also had grade 2 cystocele and cervical descent. Just had surgery without any mesh for all 3. 2 weeks later am tired but fine and hopefully all ok. Arm yourself with info so you can ask questions. Good luck! X

• Posted

I am on 52 years and have had four kids -I started noticing a kind of bulge inside the vagina- it didn't bother me with any sexual activities or when using the bathroom - (I just figured this was normal)until about six months ago when I started having problems urinating - it just seemed that I was not emptying my bladder completely .

After consulting with a gynecologist she then referred me to a  urologist gynecologist.  He confirmed I had a prolapse and I would require surgery .

I had a rectocele with a vaginal wall support reconstruction- it turns out I had some major work done and all without an  artificial mesh -

The recovery Can last up to to 2-3 months- I am only four weeks postop and just had an appointment to confirm I am healing properly !  I don't believe exercises or Estrogen   will  help-

Ask your doctor what your options are - and good luck !

• Posted

Thanks for advice i am off to dr on thurs i am not worried as something can be done about it .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.