Prolapse after hysterectomy

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had a total hysterectomy in december 2019. im not sure if i have a prolapse of the bladder or what i am seeing is normal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you have any problems with peeing? Do you feel as though something is "coming down" or that there is something in your vagina. Have a feel with your finger. Do you feel you are sitting on a lump? If "no" to all of these and you have no discomfort when peeing or pooing,then its OK.Many women live quite happily with mild bladder prolapses. Its when they become uncomfortable and bothersome that you need to see your doctor.

• Posted

i get backache and a dragging crampy feeling . i saw my gp today who just looked and said it was nothing even though he didnt even exam me. when i showed him the picture he had referred me back to surgeon who did hysterectomy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.