Prolapse after prolapse repair help

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am due to have an operation to repair a dropped bladder, top of vagina and also 2 rectoceles. I have had rectocele repair done before but now everythign is dropping and causing issues. they mentioned Mesh, and said everything would be lifted back into its proper place, that they dont usually do all three together as vagina might get shorter and thinner. So has anyone had this, can you tell me what to expect, how long is recovery, any advice to help the situation etc.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have only had the rectocele repair but there is a group on Facebook called Prolapse Planet. Those ladies have experienced everything you can imagine that had to do with the pelvic floor. You will find answers there.
  • Posted

Magicsbaby,

I was also told I needed a rectocele repair along with a bladder sling and hysterectomy and the doctor wanted to use mesh throughout my vagina. I read up on some of the problems that people have with mesh over the long term. it was terrible and many of them are trying to have the mesh removed but it is all grown in with the tissue and nearly impossible to take out. Research online before you make any decisions.

• Posted

It depends on what type of mesh is used,I had synthetic mesh put in a few years ago and had it all removed a year later in a very complicated surgery(see my earlier post)biological mesh is much safer and I had an anterior repair on the 16th April this year using biological mesh. You can discus the biological mesh option with your consultant,hope this helps.
  • Posted

Hi thanks all, I am going to ring and ask some more about this with the hospital as I left not asking much at all and need more answers as to exactly what they are thinking. I will also look at the FB group and see what folk have had done there. How do I get biological mesh over the other?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.