prolapse and pelvic pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone had pain in their  pelvis like a period pain?  although I no longer have periods  as I went  through the menopause 15 years ago, I have a heavy dragging feeling  and wonder if this can be caused by a prolapse I have ? I am due to have a scan soon, and have already had blood tests to rule out cancer, , and the tests were clear, but  I do worry about it as it is more of a dull severe ache than a pain , and it has gone on for the last 3 months on and off and is  very uncomfortable even to walk sometimes!

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi, prolapse of the pelvic organs can cause pain and discomfort as you describe. It certainly is affecting me like that, I'm currently waiting for prolapse surgery and been given a date in May. Try looking on the Genito Urinary Prolapse, home page and forum. Lots of help and advice there. The vag ultra sound will show any cysts etc but not a prolapse, the surgeon who examines you will be able tell you if you have one. Best wishes. x rolleyes

• Posted

Thank you but I already hnow i have a prolapse, I have had it for 8 years or more,  and wonder if that is causing the dragging feeling. I had a scan today to look at the ovaries etc and nothing bad was seen,
    • Posted

Glad to hear your ovaries etc are ok. I get that dragging feeling, it's quite bad now as the vag vault prolapse and rectocele are so bad lately. My guess is that everything is pressing down on the pelvis and spine, tailend for me and it's a struggle to walk now. an't wait to get it sorted and hopefully feel normal again. Hope you soon get yours sorted, it's very debilitating and depressing I find,. Best wishes, Pollyanna UK. x

• Posted

That should read Can't wait to get it sorted.

• Posted

Yes it is sometimes very uncomfortable! Once the gyno has seen my results I will try to find out what is causing it, I don't really want surgery but if it keeps causihng me pain I might change my mind!! Good luck!

• Posted

I think my pain must be the same reasons as I even get pain in my legs sometimes, and if I drive a long way even my bottom cheeks  hurt underneath too!! I am feeling very down with it and really hope there is a solution. keep in touch to let me know how you are doing and good luck! I was told that the vault is good, and was drawn a picture!
  • Posted

Hi Jane, I don't have pain with my prolapse but definitely that heavy, dragging feeling. You might find it good to look online for different videos on stretches and exercises by pelvic physiotherapists to help with your symptoms. 

• Posted

I think it has gone too far for exercises and I might need surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.