Prolapse back ????

Posted , 7 users are following.

I think my prolapse is coming back as I can feel it where the muscles are 😓😓😓😓so if this is the case does anyone know if they do.operation quick as I had to wait 2 years for last I'm so upset about this

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Did you have a repair or a hysterectomy? I had a hysterectomy and afterwards felt it had come back somehow. When I went to the doctors she said  I had a bladder prolapse so I then had to have this repaired. Hope everything turns out ok for you.
  • Posted

Are you sure that this is a reoccurrence of the rectocele and not swelling after doing too much, or scar tissue? 

I'm ten weeks after repair and can feel a lumpy scar tissue at entrance to vagina which I am hoping will resolve in time. 

Even if prolapse fails or new one develops surgeons usually won't operate again until six months has elapsed.

Try to relax and give yourself time to recover. Have you had your post op yet?

Hope you can get some answers from your surgeon. 

• Posted

No I haven't they said it could be up to 6 months before I see consultant I am on holiday at mo and am relaxing most of time been havimg funny pains at odd times and last few days have noticed this . I'm due to see my dr on 11th so I'll speak to her x

• Posted

Why do you think that Chrissy? I know it's mentally draining th e recovery. I have thought many times my repair has failed due to pressure etc.. Its a long recovery but I'm sure it's all fine.

Please go back and have it checked. They will not repair till at least 6/12 mths as you need to be recovered internally.

Please get checked before you start to worry.xx

• Posted

I'm on holiday at mo had some funny pains the other day and then noticed it was there it was like stabbing pains and the usual pain not had consultant appointment through yet but seeing Dr on 11th as I made appointment I'm also ment to be going back to work then to don't know way to do lol x

• Posted

Ahhh hun enjoy your holiday and go Back and see about it when your home.

I know the 're can examine you but remember they are not a urogynacologist and will only give y oh a tough idea.

I am going back to my consultant in 2 weeks so he can examine me standing also.

I think th is recovery is longer than we anticipate.. If you got a bulge then I'm sure he will tell you one way or other th an you can plan your way forwArd.

Its a no brainer for me if have to get it s sorted as living with these bulges is mentally and physiologically battering for us women. Enjoy yourself and know it will all be ok in the endxx

• Posted

Hi, Chrissy,

I sure hope your prolapse does not come back! I am hoping you are experiencing the false panic I do remember having around week the 3 to week 5 of my anterior and posterior repair, I had a ridge like bulge in the vagina and truly thought I had damaged my repair. It turned out, however, that is was swelling and all disappeared as time passed. That ridge like bulge tends to come back if I over do and I am 4 months post surgery. 

I am hoping your surgery is fine. As far as waiting for another surgery, I have never experienced that because I am in the U.S. so the only wait we have is based on my doctor’s schedule.  

Just remember that this recovery is long and intense so patience is the key and reading the posts on this forum is very helpful. Take care of yourself and I am hopeful you will be fine!

• Posted

Thank you Brenda I've got the bulge but also a lump inside that feels like my prolapse used to hence to why I'm slightly worried x

• Posted

I'm 4 months post double surgery and never had one day of pain, but I think mine has come back as I have to wee every 10 minutes, even with the excercises.

I'm slowly going mad

• Posted

Hi just an update for you all my dr said prolapse is not back and she can see why I was worried as a bit lower than it was but she thinks a stitch or 2 came away to early she is not concerned and I can go back to work Mon so feeling really happy at the mo obv I'll find out properly when I see consultant whenever that will be lol xx

• Posted

I would not take your doctors word for it.

Your consultant will give you piece of mind hunx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.