prolapse bowel and blader

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone hope use can help me i

I have to go see my doc next week regarding my prolapse which is grade 1 and 2 bladder and bowel dontdon't know which one is which iI ddon't know if I should go for the op to get this repaired I have done loads of research and still don't know what to do find it very difficult to do a poo and just need to sneeze and I pee lol advice would be appreciated thanks 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Janice, 

I am 2 and a half weeks post operation for anterior and posterior repair. This is the second time I have had this operation done. My prolapsed bladder and bowel returned after surgery for another gynaecological procedure. My first operation was a breeze but this time a lot different. I still have a catheter in place and had an infection. Hopefully tomorrow catheter will be taken out.

although I am going through a rough time at the moment, I would do it again as the relief which I received when I had healed from first op was amazing. I was able to have a bowel motion without the need of pushing on vaginal walls. The feeling of carrying heavy balls around with me had completely gone.

although my prolapse returned and I have surgery again I would recommend it.

once i have healed and feel better  I can start to be me and be normal again xx

go for it , it's worth it .

hope This helps x

• Posted

Hi Carole hope all is ok with yourselve thanks for your answer no one I know seem to be able to help lol so great talkin to some one that has had it done think I will go for it before it gets any worse than it is just now fingers crossed it works did they use mesh when fixin yours ?? X
  • Posted

Hi Janice,

I had surgery for bladder prolapse 8 months ago.  It was the TVT repair that I had and I also had a small anterior repair at the same time.

initially my bladder wouldn't empty and I got discharged with a catheter which was a complete nightmare.  It did work after the first weekend but is nowvery different.

5 weeks ago I felt as though something had dropped down and I saw my consultant on Tuesday and my bladder has dropped back down again.  I am gutted.  Although the leakage has stopped my bladder is now lower than it was before.  I will not go through anymore surgery as it is not guaranteed to fix it.  I am going to see how things are for the next three months although cannot risk it getting worse with doing all the things I like to do like running, going to the gym etc.  All I can do now is walk and swim.  I might need to get a ring pessary in.

i would seriously seriously think about the operation before making a final decision.

• Posted

Omg that's terrible wouldn't like that to happen am only 52 hopefully it gets better for you I just don't know wot to do for the best cos I do know that it will get worse before it will get better I just haven't bein able to discuss it with anyone cos know one I kneww has had it done so it's great findin this site 
  • Posted

Hi lovely ladies,

I am sorry to hear about your prolapse that has returned Debbie.I know how you feel as it happened to me too. 

All I can say to you both Janice and Debbie, I am 47 years old and would like to feel normal, this time for my second prolapse operation anterior and posterior I had the most understanding gynaecologist.

the first operation I had a female but this time I had a male surgeon who put my mind at ease many times before the operation, he listened to my fears and concerns and came up with a care plan designed for me, even though I've had a few hiccups he has still reassured me through everything. 

My catheter was taken out today, all seems well still have slight infection but seeing surgeon again next week just to see how I'm doing.

like you Debbie I love to run and my doctor says if I follow the care plan I should be able to start again within  6 months, 

i have got 3 follow ups with him an 8 week check and then a 6 month check due to having 3 lots of surgery with in a year.

findina a doctor you can trust puts everything into perspective and talking everything through is a must.

personally I think that no operation can be guaranteed but I would try anything to feel normal and to just be me.x

good luck ladies and let me know how you get on x

• Posted

thanks carole going to see gyn on wed to tell him my decision think i will go for op as fed up with this feeling all the time done loads of research even looked on you tube at the op but couldnt watch lol so will let use know how i get on

thanks for the responce 

janice x  

• Posted

Hi Janice

I hope all went well with your appointment and you and your surgeon spoke about the issues that were worrying you, and that you made the decision regarding the operation that was right for you.

I you are having the operation I would like to hear about your journey and recovery. 

Take care

• Posted

Hi carole 

Went to surgeon he said he would give me the op but I have to go back in 6 months after I loss a stone which am happy to do as he said it might go away but I really don't think it will but as I am on a diet and have already lost a stone I will do as he asks just have to life with it for another 6 months :'( I will update once I have bein back to see him 

Thanks 

Janice 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.