prolapse bowel and blader

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi AI have bein told to loss weight before I go for my next appointment then my consultant said he would operate on my prolapse bladder which is only a grade one and a half and a grade one bowel one as well I am finding it hard to loss weight by the way I am quite happy with my size I am a size 16 which ain't big, I also have arthritis in my spine and need to walk near loos as I need to go all the time when I walk any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Janice

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Janice

I have a grade 3 bladder prolapse with no pain , just hanging. However, I fee way too many people on this site have had operations that maybe could of been avoided. There are pelvic floor exercises on youtube that show us how to strengthen our pelvic floor and correct our prolapse. You can check with your doctor before trying these exercises, but they are very mild and very easy exercises to do. I hope some ladies will seek out all their options before resorting to surgery. My prolapse is doing quite well when I exercise and it brings it back up to a certain degree inside my private area where it belongs.

Lynn

Lynn

• Posted

Hi Lynn

I agree with you and would prefer to not get it done and I only feel it when I have done a lot of walking and also during a period I have had five kids 3 are in there 30 s and a 11,12 year old have always done pelvic floor excersices and I also had the aqua flex which wouldn't stay in at all so will wait and see what doc says in April thanks for reply

Janice

• Posted

Hello Janice

I am 64 years old and have had this prolapse bladder for ten years now. Hang in there and I also have another solution for long walks that I have designed and I will be able to tell you about it shortly when it is available. I hope you don't go ahead with the surgery because if you go online and look at the comments of those who have had surgery you will discover what the odds are regarding this type of surgery. If you are not in pain and it is only hanging like mine, I will inform you of my solution that I have been trying for over a month now that works good. Just have to wait until end of February to tell you about it.

• Posted

That sounds fascinating, I'll watch this space.  I have a mild dropping feeling every month or so after a bm or when I do squats in exercise, usually slips back up within 5 mins itself.  On looking into it it sounds like a prolapse in the old bottom area.  I have had it about 4 years now, when it drops there is some thin liquid leakage - like coloured water.  I don't want surgery so I am looking into the Kegels.  I regularly keep fit with weights but I think I will drop the squats.

Great forum this, its good to hear that people want to try to sort it themselves without surgery.

Thanks so much for sharing.to all and lynn I will keep watching, keep up the good work.

Gwen x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.