Prolapse causing lots of wind?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,

i asked all my doctors if rectal prolapse can cause farting 30-50 times a day and they said

iit cant cause excessive gas.

https://patient.info/womens-health/genitourinary-prolapse-leaflet

in the article above doxtor harder says when one rectum.prolapses it cause lots of wind

anyone can tell me how a rectal prolapse can make someone pass so much wind?

how does it create so muc gas?????

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Are you talking about a rectal prolapse or a rectocele? A rectal prolapse involves the bowel sagging from outside the anus because of lack of muscle tone. Its the lack of tone that can give the effect of a lot of wind being passed, because the woman cant control it.

A rectocele is a bulge in the back wall of the vagina where the back passage forms a loop and pushes into the vaginal wall. There is not so much wind with this problem.

Cutting out foods which create wind will lessen the effect

• Posted

hi,

iam talking about an internal rectal prolapse, can that cause lots of wind?

i still dont understand how so much wind need to be passed with it... because isnt it about the food creating gas?

if before a prolapse i had to fart only once, and now 50 times , the volume is completely different!!

how suddenly so many farts is possible?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.