Prolapse often falling out its bleeding and leaking help

Posted , 8 users are following.

female 63 can't get operation due to other severe health issues this prolapse is really getting me down now 

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh Marian that sounds horrible for you. So have the doctors said anything other than surgery can be done? Pessary?
    • Posted

Never heard of the pessary til read this last night, can't have operation as heart not strong enough due to heart failure. Also muscles not good due to Rheumatoid Arthritis or medication given, s

oecualust said shouldn't have been on it for more than 15 years, I put up with my ill health but prolapse always popping out now, even walking to toilet or kitchen this does get me down, I'm going to mention pessary to the Doctor when he/she comes in thank you 

• Posted

Oh Marian you're welcome! Hope it works out for you and let us know how you get on x
    • Posted

How awful for you Marian, that must be so painful, don't know how you can stand that?

I hope pessary works for you!

There is one they can fit that given the right size and fitted correctly should stay in for 6 months before needing changed.

Good luck and hope that's one less think to cope with.

Phyl xx

• Posted

Thanks Phyllis I asked doctor last year if there was anything they could  she said There's nothing new in market, hoping pessary works if not I'll give the    v belt a try 

marian 

• Posted

Go see a different doctor. I'm

Seeing a doctor tomorrow to get second opinion after the last one said that the op I need might mess up my Tvt bladder op which was the worse news I could have heard. So I searched on google and did my own research. I'm a lot happier now and have hope. I know how awful this is, it's ruined my life. I'm very limited with activity. I've at home with a bug so that suits me sitting down but it's no way to live is it. No one seems to care. I'm waiting for physio 6 weeks on.. How long does it take ! Decided to learn my own pelvic floor exercise with Michelle Kenway - YouTube. I have 70 % improvement!! As the day goes on I'm more crippled with this prolapse. My plans have been compromised so totally know how you feel Marian sad xxx

• Posted

Thanks I think another doctor might make a difference, made it known today I want the doctor to check out all my problems, especially prolapse, I sit most  of the day, totally drained, I was thinking I'm the only one with thus prolapse problem, so glad to hear in not on my own, hope you get sorted out too xx
  • Posted

I have the same problem with my prolapse, and haven't got surgery yet because my hubby is disabled   and the lifting restrictions would be too difficult to obey. So I wear a V-belt. You can get them on-line. They support the vaginal area so nothing falls too far down. They are adjustable. Sometimes pregnant ladies wear them to support vuvar varicosities. They aren't cheap but one can get by with one orif you like them 2. Hope this helps. I used to wear a pessary but now one won't stay in and also hurts because my tissue is thin. 66
    • Posted

Hi Janet,

Never heard of v belt, wonder if that would help me when I return to work as my job involves heavy weight bearing to some extend and don't want to have to give it up. Sorry to hear you can't have surgery just yet.

Phyl xx

• Posted

Thank you Janet will definitely look into that sounds like that could help me I work as a checkout operator and sometimes help to pack . Can avoid lifting most of time really just pushing things through but every now and then get really heavy things and can't always avoid lifting things. This might even help when on my feet for long hours!

Phyl xx

• Posted

Thanks Janet I never heard of this V belt but I will try anything, hope you get sorted out soon, thanks again 
  • Posted

Sorry to hear abut your situation marian, there are lots of women not suitable to go through this operation, Matron is right, do see if you are suitable for a pessary. They are really growing in popularity and allow the wearer to either replace daily, or have one fitted and changed at intervals. The trick is to get the fitting right, and if at first you don't succeed then try again - when I say that some women will say 'It didn't work' or 'It fell out' - if a pessary falls out it means you need a larger size. The pessary works to support the pelvic organs that have prolpased (droped down) and acts as a brace or support, this takes the pressure off your already weak pelvic floor muscles and stops the 'dragging' feeling. A pessary can also used for women who want more family but have prolpased, so please explore this option with your GP. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.