Prolapse op

Posted , 3 users are following.

can anyone help me with this , had repair done 3weeks ago no really bleeding as such then for past 3 nights had HEAVY bleeding and lots of large clots (as big as a cricket ball one ) saw Dr at hospital I had op  he took swab put me on two anti biopics ,bleed slowly all day,second evening again heavy clots ,saw Dr at primary care ,said all ok scar tissue coming away .bleeding slowed then third afternoon HEAVY BLEEDING LAGE CLOTS HUSBAND CALLED999 into hospital  Dr has look inside ( no joke ) says can't see anything wrong but keep me in overnight ,hour later his boss has a look  ,sees nothing wrong home next morning  ,what's going on anybody had same or no anything please x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

what type of surgery did you have?
    • Posted

I had anterior and posterior repairs vaginally ,I had hysterectomy 24 years ago so not my periods  ,settled down now thank god thanks for your reply x
    • Posted

Glad things have settled down now. I think the surgeons never tell you about the recovery peroid in full. You have been through alot, make sure you do rest! Wishing you good health, and take one day at a time. X
  • Posted

Could the bleeding be related to your peroids? When i had a uterus prolapse repair i had heavy bleeding for 16 days. But my clots were not as big as you mentioned. I know my Mum went through really bad heavy bleeding and huge clots before the change. Have you had a hormone check? Fibroids can cause heavy bleeding as well. It may not be operation related but something else. Ops can take time to settle. Definately watch that bleeding though. You will become anemic possibly if you bleed heavy for along time. Are you on iron tablets?
  • Posted

Hi Maccy,

I had a vaginal repair done almost six weeks ago. Three weeks after I had the most awful pain and then very heavy bleeding with clots and bits of tissue. I contacted the ward and in the end my consulates said it was likely to be a heavy period. It stopped after five days. When I thought back I was due a period, however I had been told the op would probably delay it so it was a scary time. A nurse warned me that my next period may also be very heavy and painful too.

I really hope it settles soon for you and everything is okay, it must be very frightening to pass such huge clots.

Miriam x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply ,I had hysterectomy 24  years ago so can't be my period ,been told could be build up of scar tissue ,it was scary wish Dr would of given some worning of this could happen ,seeing Dr Thursday hope to have some answers ,hope you are ok  suex
    • Posted

How scary! Yes I wish mine had warned I might have big clots it was awful. And at least I knew it might be my period :-(

Good luck Thursday. I am back tomorrow, very very nervous :-(

Miriam x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.