Prolapse operation front and back

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I had my op 3 half weeks ago I'm being very good and sticking to chart. I seem to be ok apart from the pain we get some days good some days bad. I just had a couple of questions 1 do we have to get checked before returning to work and 2 I am a cleaner and I just wondered if people knew if my job was at risk I'm so confused as to what to do thank you Chrissy x

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

On Wednesday I will be 3 weeks out from surgery.I was cleared to return to work after 2 weeks. I worked 4 - 4 hour days last week . This week I am working 4 - 6 hour days...... Gradually work my self up back to full time. Keeping on extremely light duty for as long as it takes. I believe that the activity has actually helped recovery. The pains have been reduced to discomfort - and focused in the anterior repair. I am still not quite normal with all the plumbing. But I am doing everything instructed to guide things back to normal.
    • Posted

2 weeks wow thats so so early for this type of surgery hun.

I'd be very concerned if my consultant cleared me for work at that stage. Stitched are still very wrak.x

• Posted

Hi hun

Yes you will need to be discharged from your consultant.

Also cleaning is very physical so more time off is a must. 12 wks if possible to allow internal scar to take hold and become strong. Any lifting or pressure will almost do you damage especially after such a major op.x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply yes I will be taking the 12 weeks coz I really don't want this returning. I wasn't sure if the job would still be ok coz on my chart it says to avoid lifting a toddler which to me is the same as lifting a Hoover that's why I was a bit worried

• Posted

I'm 14 wks and still refuse to use hoover..

I left my retail job as I was on feet all day and was so worried about doing damage.I

Gravity is a nightmare for repairs so be very careful hunxx

• Posted

Hi Chrissy.

How was your recovery, did you go back to the cleaning job. I am nearly 2 weeks post op and do the same job, I am 12 weeks off from work

Agnes xx

• Posted

I was told to plan on not ever lifting more than 15 lbs for life. 

I had A&P with TOT and am 52yo.  A real mind adjustment as we have a farm and I have always been raised to know I could do anything I put my mind to...meaning being female didn’t limit me.  However - have in retrospect come to understand that my independent attitude has likely led to this issue and others I am having with my shoulders.  Just working to accept that in order to have quality of life going forward, I am going to have to ask for help and let the men do the heavy work without my help in the future.  I think they would rather that and have me healthy than the alternative.

wishing you the best!

• Posted

Yes this is what I'm thinking I'm afraid I might have to look into different work and I enjoy my job so much tough times but like u say what's better leaving job and being healthy or not leaving and maybe struggle again I am trying to work things round it but very difficult as work alone x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.