PROLAPSE OPERATION NOT SUCCESSFUL

Posted , 5 users are following.

5 weeks ago i had a prolapse operation and the repair has not worked ..before the repair i had a ring inserted to hold things in place can a new ring be inserted this close to the repair so im able to walk in comfort ive been told a 2nd repair is not always successfull i am travelling abroad in 12 weeks so another repair would have to be in the future 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol

How do u know it hasn't worked? I'm 3 months post rectocele repair and also convinced it 'hasn't worked' am still on laxatives and feel 'bulgey' in my vagina most of the time - so often worried. Most folk on this forum seem to feel similar though; it's traumatic surgery. What makes you think it's failed?

Cheers ruth

• Posted

Hi ruth. i went to the drs in the week .after the operation for bout 3 weeks obviously sore but feeling as if the op worked .then i started to have pain in my lower back which felt very similar to period pain then small sharp pain every now and again just inside  now i can feel the prolapse it seems even lower than before . thanks for replying 
    • Posted

Oh my god Carol I had exact same pains and feelings I'm 12 weeks Wed and going to see my dr I'm hoping she can have some answers and I'll let you know Chrissy x

• Posted

Hi Carol just a update for you Dr examined me today and says all is good she can see why I was worried and feels a stitch or 2 may of come off to early so I can go back to work Mon but take things easy so I'm really pleased xx

• Posted

I agree with Ruth, it’s early days, has a doctor confirmed it’s failed?

Recovery can be slow, swelling etc can be mistaken for the prolapse “bulge “

• Posted

thanks for replying .back to drs at end of july i was hoping it was just swelling  but im not hopefull .the dr i saw wasnt confident that there is a gd success rate for these type of operations
    • Posted

Is that what you were told, not a good success rate? I was told the opposite, that failure and complications were rare.

With such a negative attitude from the doctor I’m not surprised you’re feeling like it’s not a success, try not to worry until you know for sure you have something to worry about xxxx

• Posted

hoping that is the case ,its the same profession but different drs seem to have different opinions .thanks for replying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.