prolapse or just my cervix?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I've had this weird feeling in my vagina for 2 days now, it feels like something is coming out almost but not. it just feels like a small lump. i decided to try see if anything was wrong and to my surprise when i felt around i felt this hard, long think toward my cervix, and it hurt when i pushed it back. there is a small amount of excess 'skin' or whatever it is near my vaginal opening. I am 15, a virgin with no sexual experience so I am extremely confused! I've had no previous issues and its hard for me to believe its prolapse because there would be no cause or reasoning. someone please help me out!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

The excess skin is probably the remains of your hymen so dont worry about that. Its very rare for someone your age to have a prolapse so I am wondering if this is a Bartholins cyst, especially as you say it hurt when you pushed it back. The Bartholins glands are part of the lubricating process for the vagina and its quite common for them to become blocked and then get infected and become tender.Try not to touch it and have warm baths. It may discharge on its own. If it becomes very painful and/or you start to feel unwell then you will need to contact your doctor who would probably give you antibiotics.At 15 I am sure you must still be living at home. Talk to your Mum or a trusted older sister or Aunt. They may have experienced something similar.

Although a prolapse is very rare at your age, if you are extremely overweight or have been coughing continually it can happen, but i stress it is rare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.