Prolapse or just perimenopause?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all - background I have bad anxiety - have been back on meds for it for 9 weeks. Yesterday I had a strange thing happen - while out walking I got this weird sensation of lots of pressure on my pelvic floor - ie perineum area. Also pain down low at the front. This morning it feels a little numb down there. Has anyone else had this? I am supposed to be ovulating so wondered if it was something to do with that? My mother was here and did she say she got similar feelings with perimenopause. I am only 46 and not sure whether I am in peri or not but I think it might be starting. I have health anxiety so trying not to feel panicky about this strange sensation - thanks for reading

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i would go visit a doctors to check all is ok down there specially if u have numbness it mabe nothing but better to get checked ....as for prolapse its supposed to feel like somethings bulging down there and when u sit down feels like ur sitting on a ball so i dont think thats the issue but still worth checking out peri menopause can start in your 40s ten years before menopause u usually start to notice subtle changes in your cycle and flow

• Posted

Everyone is different some peoples perimenopause is less can last for a few months to ten years and also some women have started perimenopause in there 30s so its difficult to know probably better of googling the symptoms as i think theres a few to look out for

• Posted

Dont feel panicky,and yes it may be the menopause just starting, but if it gets worse or you can feel something bulging you should see your doctor. If its a prolapse starting its best to get help and not ignore it. Have you had any children? via vaginal delivery?

• Posted

hi marina - yes 3 but it seems to have gone away. havent had it again since that walk so fingers crossed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.