prolapse pain post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm 3weeks post op for posterior / anterior repair.. have a bad pressure on my bladder . And last night despite taking laxido found it hard to open my bowels. The pain when I went was horrendous almost like cramp in my back passage. I'm terrified something has gone wrong. Have such bad pain now everywhere.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Have you been taking the stool softener on a reqular basis since surgery? Are you taking pain pills? They stop up the bowels. I know I have to take my marilax daily to keep my bowels regulated. I'm sorry for your pain!! Hope someone else will respond and share with you there similar experience and help ease your mind if they've had the same. If you need to maybe call the doctor and see what he advises. Hope you get better!!
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time to reply been taking laxido since op, not pain relief with codeine as causes constipation. Rang Dr he gave me antibiotics in case urine infection. Is it possible for something to go wrong at this stage does anybody know. X
  • Posted

Sorry to hear you are suffering. I think most of us have been through what you are experiencing. I know I did, I took Movicol and Lactoluse but still suffered pain when opening bowels. You think it is never going to end but it does in time. I know it doesn't feel like it at the time but it will get better. Maybe the pain you have everywhere is wind. I know I suffered pain everywhere and wind can be really painful. Walking does help, I didn't want to walk feeling like I did but I persevered and it did help. Hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

Thankyou so much . it really helps to know that this seems to be just the normal reaction that so many of u have experienced . I knew that they said 6-8 week recovery, but just thought they meant no lifting for that period of time, not that we would be in so much discomfort for all of that time. And from wot lots of u are saying even beyond that. Don't feel I'll ever be well again. And I start back to work on Monday as I'm self employed. So scared I won't cope.
  • Posted

Hi, I'm almost 3 weeks following posterior pelvic repair and have been taking lactolose to help soften stools and prevent straining! I also take fybogel! May seem overload but I don't want to go through this again! Didn't have much pain opening bowels just a burning sensation! I'm sure things will settle in that area for you. I guess my main issue is with the stitches! How long do they really take to dissolve? Still find it difficult to sit for any period of time and the stitches between the bottom and vagina seem to be my main issue, feels like a hard lump and is sore! Not ventured into my jeans yet! Has anyone else had this issue?

• Posted

Tried twice to get into my jeans but just too restricting. They fit fine but think I must still be too swollen. As feel like I'm being squashed , so fed up at the moment as I'm sure u must be. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.