Prolapse womb and think it is cystocele ., asking for advice.

Posted , 6 users are following.

.This is my first post and a Novice on a site like this.

I am a 63 year old Woman and i have had a Prolapse for over 30 years.

I now spend half the night getting up and down to go to the toilet when i wee i do not feel i empty all my bladder and before long need to get up and do some more.

I can feel a lump near the entrance of my Vagina.

I think years ago when having a Smear test it was called a Cystocele

Can you advise me how to go about getting this put right if Possible.

I am with a Partner now and finding it uncomfortable and hard to be intimate.

And anyone had similar Symptoms


0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

  • Posted

    Hi,I had a cystocele repair surgery last week.Everything you talk about seems to sound exactly like what I was going through.They made an incision in my vagina,put my bladder back up into place and stitched it back up.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I'm so sorry you are having this problem! I had a cystocele/rectocele repair AND bladder sling repair in March 2018. I did so much research when I learned about the diagnoses and what was VERY clear from the outset was that I needed to try and find a "Uro-Gyn". I didn't even know at first what type of doctor that was...but I learned it is someone who specializes in this type of care for women experiencing pelvic floor issues - especially when/if surgery is needed. You want the best person you can find and you also want it to be someone who does MANY of these per year. Ask lots of questions, be prepared for a recovery period that goes for months and not is a gradual process but ultimately one I am glad that I did. FOLLOW their precautions and to the letter as you will want to have every chance possible of healing properly. I wish you all the best!

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi ED

      Thank you for your advice and this is comforting to know.

      Could you please tell me how i go about findiing a good Consultant.

      I am so pleased all went well for you.

      I live in Yorkshire.

      I will take your good advice on board.

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi Sue0904,

      I'm in the USA, but I googled "urogynocologists near me" for a start, then researched their names and practices from there. Wishing you the best!


      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Sue,the first thing to do is ask your GP to refer you to a urogynaecologist. One who has a good track record in this type of problem. Take along all the questions you have on your mind as you wont remember them once you are face to face.

      If you have private medical insurance then of course you can go anywhere you please,but you still need a letter of referral from your GP,who should know where the best are to be found.

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    hi I've had prolapse for 3 years last December had surgery for a grade 4 retocele prolapse and still now I have trouble I think.i now have a rectal and bladder prolapse I to wake up every hour for a wee and if I'm out I wet myself I'm 39 years

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    you need to be referred to a Urogynaecologist

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted


    I was just reading your post.

    A few weeks ago I saw Nurse Practitioner, I had a strange feeling around my vagina, any how she investigated with gloved hand and spectulum, she could feel it with a gloved hand but couldnt see it with the spectulum, she thought she may have pushed it back, she wants me to see a GP to get this confirmed, she said she is pretty certain its a small prolapse, in the past few days its as though the lump is closer to the vaginal opening, could this be another one, or the same one but its moved forward.

    I dont have a problem doing a pee, and I had a ultra sound scan on bladder and kidneys and I was told my bladder was emptying properly, although sometimes I think its a slower stream, Also I have a wind like noise sometimes when I pee, but no discharge at all. also had a hysterectomy years ago, I am 77, any information would be nice.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up