prolapsed disc and 21 weeks pregnant

Posted , 4 users are following.

hiya,

i have been told i have prolapsed disc in my lower bak ive had the pain for going on 12 weeks now and i cant sneeze laugh or put any weight hardly on my left leg. Because i am pregnant they dont want to do anything. i am on the dosage of co-codomol that is safe but im so much pain and already have 2 children to care for. does any one have any ways to ease the pain???

thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi lianna so sorry to hear of the pain your in -must be terrible being pregnant an all dont know a lot about the back -i have my prolapse in my neck(and im not pregnant) have your physio sugessted any exercises that could help, i sometimes try a wheatbag put in freezer and use that to reduce inflammation, or the other way put in the micro for a few mins. i hope you find a way to ease the pain, sorry i couldnt be of more help.gail
  • Posted

Hi Lianna,

Poor you!!

I'm with gail on the wheat bags, micro them and sick them between knees, feet, hip or anywhere it hurts. Nice warm bath helps too.

Ask your midwife about a maternity belt, they help take the strain off your back. Only other thing I can add would be to rest but having 2 kids of my own I know you wont get much.

Dawn

• Posted

thanks so much, i will try the wheat bags...fingers crossed!!
  • Posted

Hi

I am 33 weeks pregnant and also have a prolasped disc I was in hopsital for 5 days unable to move and given very strong pain killers. I am back at home now and able to walk slowly but also have a 3 year old to look after while my husband works long hours. I have been using a hot water bottle and a maternity belt which help. The boredom and being housebound is driving me crazy. Not good!!! Hope we both get better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.