prolapsed disc taking its toll

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 27 years old suffering from a prolapse disc for the past 5 months. I have been through every avenue to get better.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

HI Sab,

Its very nasty prolapse disc. People don't realise how awful it is!

[u:82652135e3](apart from everyone on here)[/u:82652135e3]

I had physio, mri and now being referred to the hospital I have had this 3 years and Im hoping something can be done. Don't give up keep on at docs until they can do something for you.

Do you have sciatica in your leg as well with the disc probs?

• Posted

Hi, thanx for replying back! i have got leg pain which comes and goes and last night i suffered alot. It is affecting my married life and my mental state too. I have been to an ostoepath, physio seen a private consultant and had Mri./ Its a small prolapse which is taking it out of me. On saturday im seeing a chiropractor and thats my only hope. I return to work in mid-october. I just hope i get better.
  • Posted

Hi you have my sympathy i had prolapsed disc first op they operated on the wrong disc went below the one they should hve operated had second op January this year. felt ok for a while but then the dreded pain came back now new MRI show scaring which is as painful as the prolapsed disc. I have been back to the hosp today and had nerve root block injection to see if it will help. Its not easy when your in constant pain but try to keep :lol: smileing good luck pat
  • Posted

HI Sab,

Sorry to hear you have leg pain as well.

Mine is always worse first thing in the morning but ok-ish by the afternoon.

I don't know how but i've managed to keep working for the last 3 years with this pesky back trouble. (lucky its office and only part-time).

Driving doesnt help much either, the only thing that had done any good is to walk a bit.

Hope things get better for you soon! smile

• Posted

Hi Pat..did you have the epidural. The consultant recommended an epidural to me but i refused it. I am now discharged from the hosp. I feel i should have had it but at the time my leg pain settled and now its back. Thanks for replying, Hope your better soon!
  • Posted

hi again yes i had the epidural not as painful as some people make out unless after nearly 4yrs iv'e just got used to the pain. My left leg feels as if it dos'nt belong to me nerve blocks ar'nt a cure but short term relief if they work i have had 4 now if this dos'nt work then it will be my last one. The doctor said my scarring is messy what ever that means dont know what else they will try just hope i wake up one day and be free from pain untill then i'll keep smile smiling nobody wants to know a misery do they nice talking to you Pat
  • Posted

Hi Sab .. I'm 36, a dance teacher and I've been suffering with sciatica (possible disc prolapse) for the last year without a definite diagnosis. I don't want to accept that I could be in pain for the rest of my life. So I'm looking towards Classes in Pilates to increase my core strength and stability. Other things that I am considering for the future are Yoga and Tai Chi

Stay Strong !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.