Prolapsed hemorrhoid symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been told i have a grade 3 internal haemorrhoid that ive developed from pregnancy approximately 2 years ago. I don't experience any bleeding (although have also suffered from anal fissures since giving birth). The main symptoms I experience is a prolapse on defacation and a feeling of pressure/discomfort that worsens throughout the day. I find this pressure so uncomfortable and it makes it hard to enjoy my life at times as im distracted by this constant ache. I tried sclerotherapy earlier this year with one colorectal surgeon and a second surgeon is now suggesting rubber band ligation or HAL RAR. I would rather try rubber band first as it is less invasive. im just wondering if anyone else has had the aching/pressure discomfort that has improved with rubber band ligation?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi - i have two grade 2 internals. no bleeding, but a feeling of something being "up there" and itching on and off. definitely has an impact on my quality of life. because there is no bleeding, i was beginning to wonder if it was something else but a colonoscopy diagnosed hemorrhoids so i am thinking that must be it. had sclerotherapy, which didnt work. another app with colorectal surgeon in a week! miserable, isnt it?!

• Posted

miserable indeed 😞

had haemorrhoids for 2 years but it is now in grade 4 ig. don't have the money to do surgery as a low income in a third world country.

• Posted

Sounds like a very similar experience. I also have no bleeding. I think I will try RBL despite being told it's only a 50% chance of working. What did you decide to do? My next appt isnt until end of February

• Posted

i have an appointment today, so will let you know. the rubber band treatment is supposed to have a higher effective rate than 50%...

• Posted

Hmmm I think the 50% was because of it being grade 3. I think grade 2 haemorrhoids are usually more successful with banding.

• Posted

hi - i have two grade 2 internals. no bleeding, but a feeling of something being "up there" and itching on and off. definitely has an impact on my quality of life. because there is no bleeding, i was beginning to wonder if it was something else but a colonoscopy diagnosed hemorrhoids so i am thinking that must be it. had sclerotherapy, which didnt work. another app with colorectal surgeon in a week! miserable, isnt it?!

• Posted

also, i should say that mine seems to get worse througout the day. but very much on and off, with some symptoms every day.

• Posted

ive had the banding carried out twice. Both times unsuccessful. I think the bands came off too quickly. I believe banding doesn't work as well for prolapsed haemorrhoids. I've just had the THD procedure carried out this week. I would always try the lowest intervention method first

• Posted

I really appreciate your response. Mine prolapses but I don't have to push back in although there is always a small bulge/loss skin on the outside. I am leaning towards banding and have my appointment next week to discuss options. I hope the THD procedure is successful for you!

• Posted

I meant loose not loss!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.