Prolapsed rectum or hemorrhoids?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had something for " years". Would only come out when I had a BM and looked like a baseball! Without an exam, the doctor said it was a prolapsed rectum, based on what I told him.I had no trouble until February 2016. I had a hernia surgery, and was told no constipation so I ended up straining.

Now , I have pain down there, a few drops of blood, and something falls out of my anus when i stand. I am praying its hemorrhoids and not a prolapse! ( If thats what I Have) I also have an autoimmune disease and am a slow heal. My regular GP even told me that I had big old purple hems and I needed them removed. I am having surgery in March for something else so thia will have to wait. . I wish there was an actual picture of some of you that have grade 3 or 4 prolapses. If anyone wants to share any pictures or information, I would APPRECIATE it!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

They did not apparently like me sending a google link. Bottom line is that there are plenty of prolapse images in varying stages to be found on google.

• Posted

thank you anyway for your support. I have seen the images online, but couldn't tell a lot about them. After I Joined this forum, there were some people who post actual images and they have helped me more than anything.My hems/prolapse, whatever I have, had slipped in and out all day yesterday, and I had gotten myself all upset. I shouldn't have posted what I did.

• Posted

I fully understand. i hope you get it all resolved as soon as possible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.