Prolonged chest pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I have been experiencing chest pain consistently for about 5 years. When i first experienced it i was suffering from anorexia and was drinking alcohol almost every night to excess. The pain is usually sharp and i get it several times a week. i have also experienced pain in my arm and jaw and have had tightness and trouble breathing.

I am no longer under weight or abusing alcohol but i still experience pain. The first doctor i went to chalked it up to anxiety because my EKGs are normal and prescribed zoloft. This did not help. I moved and recently got a new doctor who sent me to a cardiologist. My EKGs were normal, and so was my holter monitor and echo. I was then again put on anxiety meds that have not relieved the pain.

Alcohol and dehydration definitely trigger the pain, but i also experience it when i dont have any drinks and my fluids are good.

any ideas?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i should also include i am 24 years old, female, and my family has extensive heart issues

• Posted

do you or did you smoke?

• Posted

Maybe ask your doctor if you had a d-dimer and if you didn't get one taken. If you are suffering with chest pain and breathing problems and your heart tests have come back ok, it may be an issue with your lungs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.