Prolonged coughing, trouble breathing

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been having this nagging cough for a few months now. Not really coughing anything up until about a month ago. I started coughing up weirdly coloroed phlem, kind of green with darker specks, and at this point the cough was worse. Now for about two weeks I can't breathe in without coughing most of the time and I feel like I'm wheezing. I'm not sure what this is, but I really need it go away because I can't go to work if I'm coughing all the time.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi man454051

What does your GP say or are you self diagnosing yourself? It sounds at the very least you have a chest infection which needs antibiotics or maybe it is the start of Pneumonia. However, it sounds as if you need Anti-biotics to try and clear this up before it becomes more sinister.

Kind regards

Jazztrain

• Posted

I agree with iazztrain. See a doctor. It is my understandimg that rhe dark color is old mucas that has been sitting there awhile. It would make you cough more.
  • Posted

It doesn't sound as though you have been to your GP but it sounds as though you should.  I don't think it will go away on it's own by the sound of it. 
  • Posted

Mine started during radiation therapy. Drs kept saying it wasn't related but I think it was. I'm day 10 taking prednisone and the cough is significantly better
  • Posted

Hi Man454951

Sorry but I can't add anything further than what I have already advised you.

Jazztrain

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.