Prolonged edging caused swelling of veins above testicles

Posted , 3 users are following.

I didn't know this, but after reading up online, apparently prolonged edging without ejaculation can cause epididymitis as the edging may cause the sperm to backflow. This seems to be what happened to me.

I wanted to avoid ejaculating for a few days in preparation for a date with my girlfriend, but instead of avoiding masturbation altogether, I simply edged and didn't ejaculate.

I did this during before bed two or three times. Today, after doing it again, I went to take a shower and noticed a slight discomfort in my right testicle. I touched it and noticed some kind of inflamation or lump in the tubes connecting to my right testicle.

The description fits varicocele better in the sense that it feels like the veins have swollen, like a small knot or amalgamation of engrossed veins, but I think it makes sense that it might be epididymitis considering the extreme edging. 

Now, it doesn't really hurt. I just get a slightly uncomfortable sensation if I touch it too much, like it's sore, or sensitive. But otherwise it doesn't hurt on its own.

But what I'd like to know is if ejaculating now would do any harm, considering that it's the act of not ejaculating that caused this. Because I can't help but feel that by keeping it in I'm making it even worse, but I wouldn't want to ejaculate and get some sort of intense pain.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Might be a good idea to get that checked.
  • Posted

I have the same result periodically. I think this is what is meant by 'blue balls'. Ejaculating in theory helps to express things but hyrdration is important also. This can also be a result of an STD. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.