Promethazine Hydrochloride

Posted , 7 users are following.

Not had sleep for the 3rd time now in the last 4 weeks i have been going without sleep for 4 days, ave been prescribed this drug for my sleep problem has anyone taken this pill before will  it work or not, my anxiety is making me a right mess this month not being able to sleep non stop due to my brain being very active with worry   and general not shutting up. Really hoping this pill works.  I had 2mg of diazipam before for 3 days but Dr won't prescribe that now just hoping this pill will help me sleep tonight.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I hope it works for you, I am prescribed zopliclone 7.5 and still can t sleep on them. So was prescribed Diazapam 10mg, they work now and again, I go days without sleep, the more anxious I get , I don't sleep.

The less sleep I have the more anxious I become 😢😢

• Posted

Hi young lady. ..please give it a try...it can be very helpful..I am very similar to you,, but you need to get proper rest and a good night's sleep is vitally important. ..I have never had any side effects...but my goodness....a good night's sleep is absolutely wonderful. ..I wish you well and peace of mind...warm hugs to you always. ..dee xx
  • Posted

Hi young lady. ..please give it a try...it can be very helpful..I am very similar to you,, but you need to get proper rest and a good night's sleep is vitally important. ..I have never had any side effects...but my goodness....a good night's sleep is absolutely wonderful. ..I wish you well and peace of mind...warm hugs to you always. ..dee xx
  • Posted

It should. Take a few deep breaths and imagine yourself in a safe wonderful place surrounded by warmth and love and acceptance. Let all your troubles go and just feel your body getting heavy. Unclench your fists, stop shaking your foot, and put your worries on a shelf for tonight.
  • Posted

Hi Ross Sorry your still suffering

Im going through something similar at the moment was on 45mg of mirt that worked for 6 years and helped my sleep and my mood. for depression

They stopped working 4 months ago and thats when the anxiety started so my meds have been changed to sertroline and 15mg mirt at night It does nothing for me I went days without sleep,now they have given me 7.5 of zopiclon but I can only take it every 3rd night.!!!!!!!

It really is a joke sleep has always been a big problem with my depression,luckly Im not working at the moment but when my new meds settle down I want to go back to work and without sleep it is difficult.

Ive tried the rountine hot bath soothing drink blah blah blah and it does not work

I feel for you mate I wish I could give you better advice.

Stay Strongconfused

• Posted

It's an anti nausea medication. I use to use it for nausea and all of a sudden I took a small amount one night and I woke up with akathesia. I felt like I couldn't sit still and felt like I was going to go crazy if I didn't get up and walk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.