Propanalol or anxiety?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I've seen a few posts similar to mine, which has made me feel a bit better... I started having panic attacks last year after some bad news. I was prescribed 40mg just to take when I felt anxious. (this was around June 2020) I found that I quite liked the feeling they were giving me, so ended up taking them quite regularly... I realised this wasn't right, so tried cutting down. At the same time, over the last couple of months I feel like my anxiety has got much worse... I'm taking maybe 2 a week. But I seem to get weird physical symptoms like tingling in my head, my stomach drops (like when you're on a rollercoaster), a really tense jaw, suddenly feel really disconnected from reality and feel as though I'm about to have a panic attack and have to bring myself back. I feel as though when I first took these tablets these feelings were quite rare and now they're happening a few times a week. Could this be just an increase in anxiety? Or side effects of propanalol? Or because I've been cutting down and could be withdrawing?! I feel like I'm going a bit mad. Today i got the stomach drop feeling (which usually indicates a panic attack is coming) so i took a tablet. For the rest of the day I've felt more anxious than i did earlier!

Please could anyone tell me if they've experienced the same?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi i have been taking them for over a year for anxiety and am trying to reduce and get off them. if i was you i wouldnt get use to them as getting of them is awful so i would recommend herbal tablets like calms, i wish i never started on propranolol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.