Propanol

Posted , 4 users are following.

My doctor has put me on 40mg of Propranolol twice daily and the side effects have been awful , I've felt floaty and chest pain, and feels like struggling to get air sometimes. I've been constantly yawning to get rid of carbon dioxide. Apparently these side effects pass after about 5-7 days. Just wondering what other people experienced on 40mg of this. Thanks 👍🏻

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

propranolol has helped me amazingly and it has been far better than any SSRI I have tried. It's amazing how it works for anxiety / fighting that fight or flight response.

I tried 40mg 3 times a day and it was too high of a dose for me. It felt like my legs were made of lead and I got a lot of sleep problems plus tiredness was insane so I know that feeling.

I tried 80mg slow release to and that literally KO'd me. I am only a small build, so might contribute.

I dropped to 10mg, 4 times a day and it works wonders. I can still do everything as normal including the gym / cycling which I previously struggled with on 40mg.

The tiredness passed within 3 days for me and I was normal again.

• Posted

Yeah I can relate a got given them and they made my chest tight and sore like a was struggling for breath a didn't like them so a ended up binning them as I suffer health anxiety so anything anything that creates symptoms for me is a no no.. hope you feel better and if your not happy go back to doctor...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.