Propanolol 10mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. I was going on my 6th week of prozac for anxiety and my pcp decided that she would switch me over to propanolol 10mg for 3 times a day starting tomorrow because the prozac made me a bit shaky. I have been experiencing a lot of chest pain and really hectic palpitations that really scare me. I have been to a cardiologist and they have done EKGs, nuclear stress testing, and an echocardiogram which showed that everything in my heart was normal. I feel so overwhelmed by the pain and the palpitations and I don't know what else to do. I will start taking the propanolol tomorrow in the morning hoping that it will ease these symptoms at least a little and I'm also praying that it's not my heart.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been having chest pains mainly in the left side n my arm n hand n warm sensations in my back. Does that describe your pain
    • Posted

Yes, my back is always arm and it feels so sore. It feels the most sore when I wake up in the morning after basically fighting my anxiety in my sleep. My left hand and arm hurt all day long along with the left side of my chest. How do you cope?
  • Posted

The propanolol is an anxiety med right? Not an antdepressant? I take alprasolam,one thing about the anxiety meds,they work pretty fast when you need them and if you take 3 a day,it should keep it spaced out more evenly so you probably wont get as anxious. My med only lasts about 4 to 6 hours so i try and take mine evenly spaced so as to not get the anxiety as it gets out of my system,does that make sense.Anyway hope the med helps you. My son takes an anti depressant and an anxiety med,took him awhile to get used to the anti depressant it made him feel funny at first.
    • Posted

Yeah the 10mg of prozac was suppose to work for my anxiety, and my body reacted really bad to it for the first two weeks. Propanolol is suppose to an anxiety med and its also used for other things. Hopefully my body reacts well to it, and these crazy symptoms go away because I am in pain constantly. I pray to God every single day to help me get better and help these medications do their work the correct way and I will continue to pray to him and ask him to help me understand a little better. Hopefully the meds do help me and I hope that you and your son continue to feel good and stay blessed. Thank you <3>
    • Posted

Thanks so much. I hope you feel much better soon. Anxiety is the pits.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.