Proper diagnosis for BV

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been researching Bv a lot. Im going back to my out of town gyno in monday foe her to do a thorough exam.

Gynos are not thourough in the diagnosis. I only had a culture done coming back positive for BV . i asked what the bacteria was, giardella. Now, in reading up, your gyno should do a wiff test, ph test and check for over 20% clue cells!

My stupid local gyno did not do these! Just did a culture! Makes me think i have something else going on because my discharge does NOT SMELL, and the metro gel did not work at all, and flagl stopped it but after finishing my 7 day dosage, it was back 2 days later!!!! I think i might have something else called desquamative vaginitus ! Ive had that before. Just makes me so mad when theses gynos dont do their .job.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

UPDATE ON ME! As i suspected, read my last post, i got checked out by my regular gyno. She did a proper exam, ph test, gram smear on the microscope to look at discharge.

NOT BV! Its desquamative vaginitus which can cause irritation, discharge, and NO SMELL! It is related to other autuimmune stuff, or can be, which i do have. I have had desquamative 2 other times in the past. Not recent.

LADIES, U NEED A PROPER DIAGNOSIS AND SMART GYNO. as i said before, we all have the bad bacteria, giardella in our vaginas so if your culture says u have that, that does not mean u have BV. Get a proper diagnosis and mKe sure your gyno does all tests, not just a culture!!!!!

Im on clindomycin now which will bring the inflammation down, for 2 weeks.

• Posted

So what is the difference between BV and desquamative vaginitis? I tried researching it but it seems they both have the same symptoms. They can also both be treated by clindamycin, so I'm confused. 

• Posted

No, BV smells bad. Desquamative, no smell. Its shedfing of the lining, due to infkammation, lack of estrogen. Also autoimmune related.
  • Posted

I have had a swab test come back saying no to BV but i do have another vaginal infection with a long name I can't remember. So I am on 8 antibiotics a day for 10 days! Oddly though I did a home ph test which came back positive for BV or the tric something or other...will see what the antibiotics do.

• Posted

I have a habit of googling u til I am scared to death so for me it's a blessing not to know...!

• Posted

Why, you are empowered if yoy find out about it. You need to be your own advocate when it comes to your health. Dont be in denial.
  • Posted

What did you do to get the proper diagnosis and have it been cured
    • Posted

I had went to local gyno when the discharge got bad. I knew i should have gone to my regular gyno, but shes far away and was actuslly tryibg to find someone closer. Big mistake, after about 2 months i finally went back, she did a gram smear, ph test and whiff test all concluding it was desuamative vaginitus which does not smell. I lnew it! So most gynos are stupid and do not test for tbeses things. All cultures have some bad bacteria.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.